West Laurel Hill’s Nature’s Sanctuary: A Green Path to Perpetual Care - 1.0 PDH (LA CES/HSW) / 1.0 SITES-specific GBCI CE
Date: April 30, 2019
Time: 12:00PM - 01:00PM
You must be registered to participate!
Learn about the innovative strategies implemented to transform a former cemetery dumpsite into a natural burial cemetery. The project design team used a fresh design approach which is in stark contrast to traditional industry standards for burial and perpetual care. In 2018, this new cemetery site was the first cemetery to receive SITES certification and only the 8th in the country to receive SITES Gold certification. Get an in-depth look at individual SITES v2 pre-requisites and credits attained by the project and learn about the certification process and working with GBCI to navigate your project from registration through final review.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Review the environmental impacts of a green burial and how it differs from a traditional burial.
- Identify the pre-requisites necessary for SITES certification.
- Discuss the stormwater and planting design elements implemented to achieve SITES certification, and how other projects may potentially follow the green design criteria necessary to achieve SITES certification.
- Explain how Nature’s sanctuary utilized salvaged, recycled and locally sourced materials to earn credits toward SITES certification, and apply similar techniques to their own projects.
- Adam Supplee, RLA, AICP, ASLA, LEED AP, Landscape Architect / Planner, Alta Planning + Design
- Liam Cleary, Associate ASLA, Senior Designer , Alta Planning + Design
- Nancy Goldenberg, President & CEO, West Laurel Hill Cemetery
To register for the live event: Click Here