Healthy Communities: Integrating Urban Design and Public Health - 1.0 PDH (LA CES/HSW) / 1.0 AICP
Date: October 23, 2019
Time: 02:00PM - 03:00PM
You must be registered to participate!
Fact: Urban design is fundamentally linked to physical, social, economic and environmental health and well-being. But in what ways? To what extent? And how can landscape architects approach design through the lens of health equity?
Through case studies and ongoing academic research, this webinar will explore the connection between design and public health with a focus on strategies, design interventions and approaches for cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Describe the link between health and urban form.
- List the social, economic and environmental benefits in integrating health in urban design.
- Identify strategies to collaborate with other disciplines in integrating health in urban design interventions.
- Identify design interventions that influence health.
one or more examples in the field that demonstrates the
cross-collaborative nature in integrating public health and landscape
image: Melrose Promenade, Berger Partnership
AICP members are responsible for logging Certification Maintenance (CM) credits and managing their online CM log. The following steps will assist AICP members with logging CM credits for live online, live in-person and on-demand education. Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website, Certification Maintenance webpage at https://www.planning.org/cm to claim your credits.
- Log in using your APA ID number and website password.
- Click the green "CM Log" button.
- From section, "Add Credits," select “Add Events”
- Using the CM Search option, type in the name of the event or event number (#9187809) and click "Go."
- After locating your event, click on the "Add to My Log" text (see arrow below) to add to My Log.
- Please rate the event, add a comment (optional).
- After you Submit, your CM credits will be added to your CM log and you will see a confirmation in the green bar confirming that you have "Successfully submitted your claim."
- Thomas Schurch, PhD, ASLA, PLA, Urban Design PPN Co-Chair, Clemson University
To register for the live event: Click Here