Getting Started | FAQs
Welcome to the new home of ASLA Online Learning!
About the ASLA Online Learning Platform Transition and User Data Migration
In October 2022, ASLA moved our Online Learning website to a new platform.
Please note: Online Learning content from 2018 and earlier was not migrated to the new site (this includes most past Free PDH of the Month webinars), so these webinars and certificates will not appear on learn.asla.org.
For ASLA members, the "My PDH" tab in your ASLA member account on asla.org shows all the LA CES-approved PDH you've earned, from ASLA and from other LA CES education providers. Non-members may review their LA CES course record on laces.asla.org. If you are not sure if you earned PDH from a webinar on the old learn.asla.org, please check your LA CES record to confirm.
If you need a copy of a LA CES confirmation certificate for an older webinar that you completed the quiz and earned PDH for, just send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. (And of course, even if it does not appear here on learn.asla.org, these webinars will still appear under the "My PDH" tab in your ASLA member account on asla.org, which shows all the LA CES-approved PDH you've earned. Non-members may review their LA CES course record on laces.asla.org.)
With the website transition, the dates on your certificates for credit earned on the old site will not be specific to your quiz completion date; these were batch-migrated by year. As an example: if you earned your PDH for a webinar on June 15, 2020, then your certificate here on the new site will say December 31, 2020. If you need a certificate that says the specific date when you earned your PDH, please send a request to email@example.com.
If applicable, be sure to update your asla.org profile with your CLARB record number and Florida license number—these fields can be found under the “About Me” tab, in the “My Professional Information” section. This ensures that this information will appear on your ASLA Online Learning certificates.
About ASLA Online Learning
ASLA Online Learning presentations provide information on new and evolving practices in landscape architecture. These distance learning opportunities are a convenient and affordable way to earn professional development hours (PDH) needed to meet state licensure requirements. PDH are approved by the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System™ (LA CES™) and can be earned after viewing a presentation by completing and passing a short quiz. Be sure to check state mandatory continuing education requirements to ensure that LA CES courses are compatible with your state requirements.
In addition to the nearly 200 recorded presentations available for on-demand viewing and browsable by topic area, the ASLA Online Learning series also provides the opportunity to tune in live to ask experts questions, while earning PDH. Live webinars take place throughout the year and are recorded to fit your viewing schedule.
Log In or Create a Profile
- If you are an ASLA member or already have a guest account on ASLA.org, log in with your existing asla.org account. ASLA members must use their username and password to receive discounts. If you do not have an account on ASLA.org, follow the instructions under "Create an Account" to create a new guest account to login.
- View your profile to select your category interests. Relevant content will appear on the recommended page.
- If applicable, be sure to update your asla.org profile with your CLARB record number and Florida license number—these fields can be found under the “About Me” tab, in the “My Professional Information” section.
Your “Dashboard”, Courses, Transcripts, and CE Hours
The “Dashboard” houses all your records for any education which you take through ASLA Online Learning. Download certificates and transcripts for easy record keeping of your professional development hours. Courses completed on learn.asla.org are reported to the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System™ (LA CES™) within three weeks of quiz completion; for ASLA members, the webinars then appear under the "My PDH" tab in your ASLA member account on asla.org, which shows all the LA CES-approved PDH you've earned, from ASLA and from other LA CES education providers. Nonmembers may review their LA CES course record on laces.asla.org.
Questions about ASLA Online Learning? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Need more information? Below are some frequently asked questions.
Q: How do I register for a course?
A: To register follow these steps (or view a demo)
- Locate the desired course and click Register.
- Select Complete Registration Now or Add to Cart and Complete Registration Later to continue shopping and checkout via the cart when ready.
- Verify the course and price. If you have a discount code, enter it into the Discount Code field and click Apply Discount.
- Enter your payment information and click Place My Order.
- Click Printable Receipt on the Registration Complete page to print your receipt. You can access course information and handouts from this page.
Q: Are the training courses eligible for continuing education credit?
A: Yes, professional development hours (PDH) is the term that ASLA and the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System™ (LA CES™) use to describe how much credit a course carries. ASLA also registers appropriate education programs with the U.S. Green Building Council for GBCI SITES-specific continuing education hours.
Q: How do I access my course certificates of completion?
A: Click on My Dashboard. Then click Transcript / Achievements. You may view and print certificates all courses for which you have earned credit.
Q: I'm licensed in Florida. How do I earn CE for Florida for ASLA Online Learning webinars?
A: While ASLA submits courses webinars and reports PDH webinar completion to the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System (LA CES), National ASLA does not submit LA CES-approved ASLA Online Learning webinars or report webinar attendance to Florida.
As of summer 2020, Florida licensees may submit LA CES-approved courses to the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation. See Florida’s FAQs under “How do I get credit for LA CES courses?” for more:
Submit the following items to the Board to receive credit for LA CES courses:
- Course completion certificate showing the following information: the licensee’s name, the licensee’s Florida Registered Landscape Architect License number, that the course is LA CES approved, and the total hours of credit received for the course.
- Summary of the course content or subject matter for determination that the course relates to and will increase a licensee’s basic knowledge of landscape architecture.
All documentation must be received at least 60 days prior to the end of the renewal cycle. Documentation should be sent to:
Bureau of Education and Testing
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1046 (CE Unit)
Certificates for Online Learning webinars should cover Florida's requirements. You may download copies of your certificates as individual PDFs from learn.asla.org, under “My Dashboard” and then the “Transcript / Achievements” tab. If you know you completed an ASLA webinar in the past but are not seeing your certificate there, just let us know and we can send you a copy of your certificate (older webinars and some webinars completed on our previous Online Learning platform may not appear on learn.asla.org).