Navigating Community Engagement During COVID-19: Perspective, Practice, Prospect - 1.0 PDH (LA CES/HSW) / 1.0 AICP
- Non-member - $50
- Member - Free!
- Student Member - Free!
- Associate Member - Free!
Community engagement is an essential component of landscape architecture practice and is often required for projects to move forward. Collaborating with the public is key to better planning, better design, better decisions, and better outcomes. But the COVID-19 pandemic brings new challenges to this critical aspect of our work – gatherings are limited, online tools are still being developed, and internet access can become essential to participation. Engaging and empowering communities requires new strategies and approaches. Effective public engagement that emphasizes human connections can still occur, even if it looks and feels different from pre-COVID-19 meetings.
- Employ strategic thinking to determine if and how a project may advance given any barriers to engagement.
- Explore how to build an equitable and responsible engagement approach under the limitations of physical distancing, leveraging existing tools differently.
- Identify strategies to address or plan for behavior changes from in-person meetings and presentations to virtual meetings.
This webinar is free for all ASLA members. The non-member price is $50. Log in to ASLA Online Learning with your ASLA username and password for the member price.
AICP members are responsible for logging Certification Maintenance (CM) credits and managing their online CM log. Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website to claim your credits.
- Log in using your APA ID number and website password.
- Click the green "CM Log" button.
- From section, "Add Credits," select “Add Events”
- Using the CM Search option, type in the name of the event or event number (#9202560) and click "Go."
- After locating your event, click on the "Add to My Log" text (see arrow below) to add to My Log.
- Please rate the event, add a comment (optional).
- After you Submit, your CM credits will be added to your CM log and you will see a confirmation in the green bar confirming that you have "Successfully submitted your claim."
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|